Saturday 28 March 2015

Nut Butter Oatmeal

It’s starting to get cold in Sydney so I’ve been making oatmeal when I have time! This morning I decided to stir in a spoonful of my Cacao Hazelnut Butter into the oats right before I took them off the stove… The result was the creamiest bowl of oats I’ve had (and yes I may have gone overboard with toppings so you can’t actually see the oats but it was absolutely delicious)! Here’s how you make it…

Nut Butter Oatmeal

This is the recipe for the creamiest bowl of oatmeal you’ll ever have! 

1/2C rolled oats
1C plant-based milk (I used rice milk which is my favourite but I think soy or macadamia milk would work beautifully as well)
1T nut butter (I used homemade Cacao Hazelnut Butter which I’ll post the recipe for when I’ve got it right but any nut butter should work)

Place the ingredients in a pot. Cover and bring to the boil then turn down the heat and let it simmer for around 5 minutes until the oats are soft. Stir in the nut butter before taking it off the stove. Place in a bowl and go crazy with toppings!

No comments:

Post a Comment